Dr. Treen has been a leader in the field of General Surgery for many years. His skills in advanced laparoscopic surgery are widely recognized as among the best in the country. At West Jefferson Medical Center, he was the first surgeon to use laparoscopic technique to perform cholecystectomy, appendectomy, splenectomy, gastric bypass, colon resection, adrenalectomy, inguinal and incisional hernia, and introduced laparoscopic repair of hiatal hernia and GERD.
His training in bariatric surgery techniques was under Dr. Alan Whitgrove and Dr. Paul O'Brien, two of the most respected leaders in the field of bariatric surgery worldwide. He was the first surgeon to perform laparoscopic gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, and LAP-BAND® surgery at West Jefferson Medical Center.
- Certified American Board of Surgery
- Graduate of Tulane School of Medicine, 1984
- Residency at Alton Ochsner Hospital and Clinic
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons